Exactly one year ago today, February 7, 2011, I started this blog.
My graduate school professor Carrie Brown-Smith required everyone in my Social Media Theory class to start a blog, as part of a semester long class project. She said we could write about anything we wanted, as long as it was something we were passionate enough about to keep us writing for 16 weeks. I decided on this topic pretty quickly, knowing my love for food and my city. I have always been the type to try new places, and I thought this would be great motivation to get out and learn about the different restaurants around my town.
Who knew that come May, after the class ended and I had received my Master’s degree, that I would want to continue writing? I had found several activities I truly enjoyed: writing, eating, and staying connected with my surrounding community.
Within the past year, I have climbed the rankings in the blog-o-sphere worlds. I have gotten local recognition from various media outlets, as well as national recognition from The Food Network and The Cooking Channel. Though importantly, I have had many great new experiences and met many amazing new people.
I would not still be writing if it weren’t for these experiences and these people, and I would not continue if I did not know people were reading. Therefore, for the one year anniversary of my blog, I want to celebrate all of the people who keep me going. How am I going to do that? By giving you free stuff, of course.
That’s right. I have a stack of gift cards for local restaurants around town, and I plan on giving them all away to you awesome folk.
Here is how this giveaway is going to work:
- Write a comment below this blog entry, and give me the following information:
- Your name
- Your email address or phone number
- Your Favorite Local Memphis Restaurant(s) (I know this can be tough!)
- All winners will be chosen at random, starting on Thursday February 9th around noon.
- Each day I will draw a different name out of a hat (or similar object), and that person will win the gift card I am giving away for that day.
- Having a total of 11 gift cards to various places around town means I will have 11 total winners over 11 total days. That is a lot of chances to get a free meal!
Simple enough, right? You all have 48 hours to get your entries in, so don’t procrastinate!
Once again, thank you to everyone for continuing to make this blog possible. I would not be writing if it weren’t for the amazing community I live in.
***EDIT** PLEASE PLEASE give me your contact info. You will NOT be entered into the contest unless I have an email address or phone number. If I have no way to contact you, then I have no way to find out how to send it to you.